Road Construction Department
We specialize in:
- implementing road projects, i.e. national and city roads, including tunnels, underground and flyover pedestrian crossings
- city traffic solutions (construction of roundabouts and collision-free intersections)
- construction of new lanes under comprehensive modernization and sewer construction programs
- construction of internal roadways in shopping centers, factories, etc.
- construction of road passages (parking lots, sidewalks, shoulders)
- demolition work (demolition, asphalt surface milling)
- replacement of soil for road and bridge objects
- construction of road embankments
- recycling of demolition-gernrated materials
- ground stabilization
Prospects for the sector
Construction of roads and bridges in Poland and Ukraine will not come to a halt after the 2012 European Football Championships. There will be much to do after that deadline as well. We will expand our machinery stock, which is composed of numerous ground work machines, rollers and modern bitumen laying machines. We are planning to construct our own bitumen-making facility. We have created the Road Laboratory – a unit that is necessary for the proper implementation of road and bridge projects, and which conducts standard - and procedure-defined soil condensation, strength and grounding tests. There is a Concrete Strength Testing Team that operates within the Laboratory’s structure and is responsible for determining, in the course of diagnostic tests, the strength of concrete used for the construction of bridges.
Success in the road building sector
Construction of the last section of Warsaw’s Siekierkowska Route, where we play the role of one of the consortium’s leaders, is a very important project for us. In the capital city we are also modernizing and expanding a section of the Wilanowska street, and constructing a multi-level intersection at Marsa street – it comprises bridges, tunnels, a recessed roundabout and a full, underground city infrastructure system including, inter alia, sewage and telecommunications connections, gas pipelines, fiber optic lines and traffic signals. We are convinced that motorways, expressways, as well as local roads and the accompanying engineering structures will be constructed at a fast pace in the future. We wish to achieve the position of one of the road and bridge market leaders. We plan to take part in motorway construction tenders, drawing upon the knowledge and experience of both Polish and foreign companies that we cooperate with.